Branch Pick up: Limited pick-ups from September 1st thru October 15th, at this time we begin to turn the trucks over for the Winter Salting/Plowing season.
The Grand Island Highway Department provides a wide variety of services including:
- Issue permits for work to be performed in Town Highway right-of-ways. For example:
- Curb cuts
- Driveway culvert permits
- Road push or boring permits
- Open road cuts
- Power and telephone pole location permits and gas line permits.
- Snow and ice removal on all Town roads and roads owned by Erie County which are done under contract.
- The upkeep of all Town owned roads. For example:
- Paving - Patching
- hot patching in summer
- cold patching in winter
- Road striping.
- Road sweeping on Town roads, curbed areas mostly.
- Roadside mowing of Town roads.
- Traffic control sign installation and maintenance.
- Maintenance of roadside ditches. For example:
- Roadside ditching
- Installing driveway culverts-by permit
- Installing pipe across the premises-by permit.
- Fleet Maintenance for all Town owned vehicles.